Friday 17 June 2011

Final Major Artwork

Just finished the final assignment for this class earlier today. I'm not as happy with it as I would like... turns out putting together a story with pages that link like a spider's web is not easy, even after extensive planning. I spent so much time mapping out how everything would connect, but I don't feel like it translated very well into the actual project. There are a couple of pages that I really like, but overall it just didn't turn out the way I wanted.

And now for a summary of my experience in this course: wow, did I ever learn a lot. It took me back to a few years ago when I first had a class centred around Illustrator and Photoshop. Luckily, most of the tools are fairly similar, and I already know how to create layers and so on. The thing that gets me with Flash is that it's very finicky. If one little bit of it is wrong, then it can cause major issues with the entire project. I really enjoyed the assignments in the class though, especially the portfolio. I also enjoyed learning about the Internet in the way that we did. It made me start questioning things that I took for granted before, and maybe should've been paying more attention to from the start, such as copyrights and user-created content and that sort of thing. I liked getting to see a variety of artists and art forms as well. It was generally a very eye-opening class.

No comments:

Post a Comment