Thursday 16 June 2011

Portfolio-shmolio!

I know that this is a little behind, but I figured I'd do a blog entry on my online portfolio assignment.

I really enjoyed this assignment. I was really happy with my final website, and it's definitely something that I might use in the future... once I get myself a domain name and all that. I tried to make it look professional by keeping the overall layout the same, with a greyscale background and medium blue as a spot colour. I tied the look of each page together by having the title and a black and white photo of myself sliding in from either side when a new page opens. the pages included samples of my photography, digital design, writing, and even a small Flash sample... oh the sheep. One of my first Flash productions.

There were a few things that I would've changed if I'd had more time, or was a little more skilled. For example, putting "easing" on the photos when they slid in. I tried to figure it out and it didn't seem to do anything, so I guess I didn't quite understand which buttons to select in the tool bar. Also, the back and forward buttons in my image galleries were just pictures of me, so I should've added in something to make it more visually obvious that they were the buttons.

Before I use this portfolio assignment as an actual website, I would definitely add more samples of my creative work. I'd probably add in a few videos. I just finished making a music video for another class, and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, so I'd like to showcase that.

No comments:

Post a Comment